It’s a well-known fact that a midday nap can increase work rate, improve mood and power you up for a productive afternoon. Plenty of European cultures have the siesta built into their daily life; even without the burning day time sun that gives hotter climates a good reason to take a break.
UK workers are well advised to consider doing the same. Many large corporations now acknowledge and encourage the right to nap in the working day and provide the time and facilities for employees to take 40 winks if required.
Continue reading How having a day bed could help with napping
Ideas for a room change
Refresh your room and give it a spring revamp.
- This is a great way to lift your spirits and focus on a fresh start for your home.
- In a previous blog we looked at replacing and repurposing furniture that no longer fits the style of a room in your home.
- So upgrade to a contemporary wooden bed frame with a more comfortable mattress.
- Room dividers can use space creatively while hiding unwelcome clutter from view.
- In addition it greatly improves the look and functionality of a room as well as being a fabulous interior décor accessory.
Storage ideas change the look of a room
If you are replacing seating with a futon, there are lots to choose from. Traditional wood frame varieties fit with a cottage style room and blend perfectly with floral or feminine design. Finding a classic style of futon with integral storage makes storage of bedding easy. Furthermore offers the opportunity to discreetly store supplies of hobby materials, DVDs or magazines.
For a more modern look, a metal framed futon in a 2 or 3 seat configurations blend perfectly with a simple, minimalist or masculine décor style. If you want to upgrade a bedroom, the same basic approach applies so have a look at this.
- Decide on the essential pieces of furniture in the room.
- Then use the rest of the room to compliment your furniture and support the focal point.
- A traditional approach to a room is to decorate in a way that stays the same through the year.
- Current lifestyle trends advocate a seasonal approach that reflects the character of the person. This enables alterations to echo the wider world.
- Because curtains, blinds and rugs may need to be permanent features due to cost and storage constraints. The use of a variety of coloured vases, wall pictures, throws or blankets can dramatically alter the feel of a room.
- Even cushions can offer different colour options to give a room a fresh boost.
When considering how to accessorise your room, it is easy to try to replicate outdoors but this can be overwhelming. We bring foliage and warm reds, greens and gold into our home at Christmas, giving it warmth and colour at a bleak time of year, but filling our home with blue, silver and snowflake motifs during cold winter months might be too much! Replica flowers, twig lights and houseplants that move from room to room can ring the changes very effectively with little hassle.
Try using popular fashions to provide discreetly hidden useful accessories. Attractive fleece throws, woven blankets and crochet afghans are wonderful at highlighting your room with a new colour or design element but will also work perfectly as extra bedding for your futon during cold months. You won’t even need store it during the rest of the year.
New research highlights the dangers that teens having poor sleep patterns can trigger; the distractions of modern life – computers, phones and constant online interaction, further disrupts sleeping habits that are already disturbed by changing hormones. As they move from the child phase to adult life, low quality sleep and simply not enough time to sleep deeply and well seriously affects daily life and can trigger serious concerns for young adults. Drugs, alcohol problems and poor decisions regarding casual relationships can be linked to teens finding it difficult to adapt their own rest needs as they mature.
Continue reading Helping Teenagers Sleep Well
As the holiday season ends for another year and our homes return to normal, it’s worth considering some of the difficulties that arise when trying to find places to sleep the family members and friends with whom we share special occasions. Many homes no longer have the luxury of a designated spare bedroom as working from home often means using that space as an office.
Continue reading Make Your Home Perfect for Guests
Flexi Pocket Mattress
For decades there has been a restriction on how thick a futon mattress can be when used on a tri-fold or 2 seater double sofa bed. The design of this kind of frame means the mattress has to fold twice across its width to be used in the sofa position. Until now the thickness of the mattress has had to be no more than 6″ or about 14cms. otherwise it will want to spring out of the desired “S” shape. Continue reading Flexi Pocket Mattress