- If you care about the health of your family and friends and indeed yourself then a central part of the conversation should be what they sleep on, as it’s a subject that can easily be taken for granted.
- We live in a society that’s fast paced, multi dimensional with lots of stress, cares and woes so sleep and its restorative power is critical for all of us. So, if you agree sleep is a good thing, going to help us all whenever we get some, then it should follow that a decent comfy mattress is a necessary requirement.
- Since 1980 when I started selling sofa beds and mattresses the UK has always had a different outlook towards this subject than the rest of Europe. I know this as I had retail stores in many countries but the last few years has seen a converging and desire for more specialist information regarding Better Sleep.
- Flame Retardants and the chemicals that are used to make these toxic soups exist in many household products but the legal framework that surrounds Fire Retardants is peculiar to the UK, The legislation that prevails here is contentious and in some countries is outlawed but it’s not all doom and gloom because a dedicated group decided to spend years of their time, money and experience in conceiving and then manufacturing a natural textile that passes the flammability laws, all of them, with a combination that uses Organic Cotton and Lamb’s Wool. The fabric is called Cottonsafe® and is THE natural solution for your mind and body/skin to have an alternative to everything else because everything else is chock full of toxic chemicals so that it passes the iniquitous laws mentioned earlier.
- To have organic cotton in Cottonsafe® is a wonderful thing as Cotton is a crop that fails and falters due to many bugs and grubs (like the ones shown) that like to eat and live on and inside the plant. Our Cotton is grown without recourse to any pesticides or insecticides and we don’t need to poison watercourses just to make sure it’s whiter than naturally white. Natural Wool from the Devon uplands has many useful properties and that’s why sheep grow it but luckily for us it is a natural flame retardant and when it’s combined with the organic cotton we have a winner..
- Cottonsafe® is used as the cover or casing for bed mattresses and toppers. There are a few bed mattress options depending on how firm you want your very own mattress to feel. The manufacturing process uses other natural elements such as felt washers to keep the filling in place and flax thread for stitching. At the core or centre of the bed mattress .is a flexible pocket springs unit and you can choose how many thousand springs you want.
- Another range of mattresses that use Cottonsafe® for covers is Futomat. There are x4 Futomats and they differ in levelsdiffer is firmness, have a look in more detail here. Futomats are another unique product found only from one West Country factory and the fillings used are layers of natural products like Latex, Coir and white Enriched Cotton. The Futomats also use felt washers not buttons for keeping the filling in place.
- The range of Cottonsafe® toppers is available in x3 sizes and they bring an extra 5cm of comfy loveliness to your mattress.