Our suppliers are few in number but all share a commitment to create exceptional products.
- My story and Sofa Beds starts in 1980 in Denmark.
- Firstly the bed frame supplier is from a very small village called Karup and their company.
- My upholstered sofa bed range is supplied by a global brand Innovation Living. For a long time but not for some time I had retail stores and both brands Karup & Innovation brought brilliant design at a realistic price to my shop floor.
- Being able to offer customers great value for money is critical to me and I wouldn’t stay trading unless I could be more than fair.
- Karup Partners is a company that makes their futon furniture and bed frames with FSC certified timber. This emphasises the care and attention given to their products. Very colourful and playful in nature as their Bed Headboard selection shows they are always evolving and adding to the ranges.
Karup only use FSC timber and the integrity associated with that Kite Mark shows the values this generational family business adhere too.
- Innovation Living are based in Central Denmark and I feel on solid ground saying they are the masters of Ready to Assemble (rta) furniture. Scandinavia in the mid ’70’s was developing more ways to decorate and add elements of fun to home decoration. From this modern outlook came Ikea, Habitat and products like Bean Bags and Futons. More disposable income gave opportunities for adults and teenagers to break the shackles and the post war depressive nature of society.
Innovation were and remain a progressive company with great design talent allied to astute business acumen. The company is moulded in ecological principles and a zero waste policy is testament to their environmental sensibilities. With factories on three continents there is a seamless transition every year with new designs and models coming off the drawing board, being tested and the most promising going into the collections.
- The Brand is now a global entity and Innovation A/S export to nearly 50 countries.
- Futon Furniture is supplied solely by Cambridge Futons who have several decades of experience in this niche. There used to be more than a dozen sizeable futon mattress manufacturers until the Bank crash and for this past 10 years only two have survived, one is pointed at the mass market but my close associates not only make comfy thick futons they pay much attention to detail so that every hand finished UK made mattress will have chemical free fillings and give about 10 years comfy sitting and sleeping. Many types of textile and colour ways give decor opportunities around the home and at an affordable price.
- On a more bespoke note Cambridge Futons have spent the past few years developing a completely chemical free textile that passes the highest Fire Redardent laws in the UK. The fabric called Cottonsafe® uses a combination of organic cotton and lamb’s wool and can be used as futon and bed mattress covers. As research shows it’s important not to spend so much time with our heads laying on a toxic soup.
- 100% Egyptian Cotton Bedding is supplied by a traditional English family operating in Berkshire, We concentrate on sheets, pillow cases. duvets and duvet covers pillows and other natural products that will help people in their quest for interesting home products that don’t break the bank.
- All my suppliers understand my Free Delivery policy and desire to sell products that have comfort, style and value for money..