Beat: single bed, sofa and lounger all in one
Beat Futon Day Bed is both simple to use and versatile. The Danish manufacturer Karup Partners excel at making functional furniture and use FSC® certified timber.
- Basically this is good news for the customer as the timber will have come from a sustainable managed forest. For those who grow the trees and work the forest getting the product into a recycle box there’s a certifiable process.
- Those processes mentioned previously have to be in place to earn a FSC kite mark that’s policed on the net so those who have not earned it cannot use it.
- Use the Beat Day Bed frame as a single bed or guest bed. When you elevate one of the “wings” it becomes a chaise longue. Then, when both the wings are upright it becomes a comfy sofa for two.
- Places in your home where the Beat will work include office, conservatory or a bay window. And as it’s easy to move, you can have extra seating on hand at any time.
- The Redwood Pine frame is available in a variety of finishes including Natural, White or Black. Any stain used will be water based and eco friendly.
- The planed smooth edges ensure there will be “no splinters” when assembling or converting the frame.
- Beat Futon Day Bed includes x 2 cushions 50 x 55 cm.
Beat Futon Day Bed Mattress:
- Filling: 12 cm recycled mixed fibre mattress with a core of 4 cm foam
- Size: Width: 75 cm, Length: 200 cm, Height: 12 cm
Explore the tabs above as part of your quest for BETTER SLEEP
Sofa: H: 77 cm – W: 80 cm – L: 162 cm
Bed: H: 37 cm – W: 80 cm – L: 200 cm
Flat pack dimensions of the Beat sofa bed are:
Box 1 Length: 140 cm Width: 25 cm Depth: 15 cm
Box 2 Length: 95 cm Width: 75 cm Depth: 31 cm
Weight: 32 kg Cu.Mt. 0.273
Simple home assembly is required, taking about 45 minutes
Assembling your futon frame is very straightforward as there’s only x6 or so pieces. Fact is the finished piece of furniture is a comfy, solid, functional sofa bed.
My tips to you are: remove the parts from the packaging, then the box etc..should be put out of the way. Give yourself room to operate. Check you have everything the “book of words” says you should have.
Take your time, follow the plan and accept help or ask for more hands when necessary. Finally, no macho tightening bolts into barrel nuts, just “finger tight” when using the supplied allin key. Simples,and if not please call me.020 7223 7212.
Love Your Futon
Essentially we feel it makes perfect sense to not just look after your futon but Love Your Futon. When you invest hundreds of pounds in a futon mattress get the best possible use from it. We insert a Care Leaflet with every futon mattress that we make. Therefore please take the time to digest the useful advice on the page. Furthermore as specialist futon mattress makers we want you to benefit from the sound sleep we hope it gives.
A few customers mention how thick the futon mattresses
are when they first arrive in a customer's home. We explain on the leaflet and also when they call that there's air in the layers of filling. As a result the futon has to be in use for a week or so before there's some settlement. This "bedding in" process is completely normal and most of all necessary to have an even surface.
While we want to get rid of the air at the beginning of the futon mattress's life, things move on. We very much hope the futon sits on a surface of slats. This is especially relevant as we want air to circulate around the mattress. If air circulates it will enable a drying out process to occur. We all sweat at night when we sleep and the moisture can reside in the filling and eventually create mould. Drying out the futon will prevent mould from growing. On a hot dry day take your futon outside and let it sit in the sun to get completely dry. An open window can help get the same effect.
After 7-9 years
I hope you will have much use from your wonderful comfy futon mattress. But probably after nearly a decade the time will be approaching when you have to say "goodbye" old friend.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.