Bebop Futon Day Bed single bed, sofa and lounger all in one
The BeBop Futon Day Bed or Chaise Lounge is both functional and versatile. The Danish manufacturer Karup Design excel making this type of furniture. Furthermore the timber they use is FSC® certified timber.
- The good news for customers is the timber will have come from a sustainable managed forest. Also the kite mark means those who grow the trees and work all the way through to getting the product into a recyclable box are part of a certifiable process.
- The FSC® kite mark is policed on the net so those who have not earned it cannot use it.
- The BeBop Day Bed frame is used as a single or guest bed. Also when you elevate the “wings” at each side it transforms to a chaise langue. Finally when the wings are upright it becomes a comfy little sofa for two.
- Places in your home where the BeBop will work include an office, conservatory or even a bay window. And as it’s easy to move extra seating is on hand at any time.
- The Redwood Pine made frame is available in a choice of finishes, Black or Unfinished. The stains and lacquers are water based and eco friendly.
- The planed smooth edges ensure there are “no splinters” when assembling or converting the frame.
- Another design feature is the angled legs that therefore provide stability even when the “wings” are down and flat.
- Beat Futon Day Bed includes x 2 cushions 50 x 55 cm.
Bebop Futon Day Bed Mattress
- Filling: 12 cm recycled mixed fibre mattress with a core of 4 cm foam
- Size: Width: 75 cm, Length: 200 cm, Height: 12 cm
- CHOICE is central to what we do and if you would like a swatch please get in touch and I’ll post immediately.
Explore the tabs above as part of your quest for BETTER SLEEP
Sofa: H: 81 cm – W: 80 cm – L: 175 cm
Bed: H: 40 cm – W: 80 cm – L: 206 cm
Flat pack dimensions of the BeBop sofa bed are:
Box 1 Length: 161 cm Width: 23 cm Depth: 15 cm
Box 2 Length: 95 cm Width: 75 cm Depth: 31 cm
Weight: 34 kg Cu.Mt. 0.308
Simple home assembly is required, taking about 45 minutes
Assembling your futon frame is very straightforward as there’s only x6 or so pieces. Fact is the finished piece of furniture is a comfy, solid, functional sofa bed.
My tips to you are: remove the parts from the packaging, then the box etc..should be put out of the way. Give yourself room to operate. Check you have everything the “book of words” says you should have.
Take your time, follow the plan and accept help or ask for more hands when necessary. Finally, no macho tightening bolts into barrel nuts, just “finger tight” when using the supplied allin key. Simples,and if not please call me.020 7223 7212.
Love Your Futon
Essentially we feel it makes perfect sense to not just look after your futon but Love Your Futon. When you invest hundreds of pounds in a futon mattress get the best possible use from it. We insert a Care Leaflet with every futon mattress that we make. Therefore please take the time to digest the useful advice on the page. Furthermore as specialist futon mattress makers we want you to benefit from the sound sleep we hope it gives.
A few customers mention how thick the futon mattresses
are when they first arrive in a customer's home. We explain on the leaflet and also when they call that there's air in the layers of filling. As a result the futon has to be in use for a week or so before there's some settlement. This "bedding in" process is completely normal and most of all necessary to have an even surface.
While we want to get rid of the air at the beginning of the futon mattress's life, things move on. We very much hope the futon sits on a surface of slats. This is especially relevant as we want air to circulate around the mattress. If air circulates it will enable a drying out process to occur. We all sweat at night when we sleep and the moisture can reside in the filling and eventually create mould. Drying out the futon will prevent mould from growing. On a hot dry day take your futon outside and let it sit in the sun to get completely dry. An open window can help get the same effect.
After 7-9 years
I hope you will have much use from your wonderful comfy futon mattress. But probably after nearly a decade the time will be approaching when you have to say "goodbye" old friend.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.