Chenille futon covers protect your futon mattress.
Chenille fabric is hard wearing, low maintenance and affordable. Futon covers offer a wide colour choice.
- Chenille is either yarn or fabric and usually manufactured from Cotton. That’s why we use it rather than a synthetic fibre.
- The Chenille yarn is made as follows. First of all we place short lengths of yarn, called the “pile”, between two “core yarns”. Then it is twisted together. The edges of these piles stand at right angles to the yarn’s core. This gives chenille both its softness and it’s characteristic look.
- This popular fabric has been in our range for about 20 years. We use it for Chenille futon covers. And furthermore as cushion covers, in different sizes.
Chenille has unusual appearance
- Chenille will look different in one direction compared to another. This effect is because the fibres catch the light differently.
- Chenille can appear iridescent without actually using iridescent fibres. To keep the fabric at its best, simply vacuum clean gently with a brush attachment
- The manufacturing process for Waffle Chenille is exactly the same as the other chenille fabric, the difference is that the pile has a coordinating warp and weft. This gives the chenille not only a very soft luxurious feel but also has a colour coordinated textured appearance. It is hard wearing and a firm favourite with customers.
Your Free Delivery takes about 5 working days, usually. The delivery date is guaranteed but it's possible to request an a.m. (08.30-13.00) or p.m. (13.00-18.30) slot, however the request is at the discretion of our couriers who do what they can to comply with your wishes.
You can specify a date or I'll suggest a date in the order confirmation email and you can amend as necessary.
If you can't be at home on the day of delivery please call 020 7223 7212 or email email@example.com and let me know so it can be re arranged, generally the couriers will come back at least once if not twice to try and deliver your order.
It is also possible to leave deliveries in a garage, with a neighbour or even at the back of a house so long as the request has been made ahead of time and you feel it's safe to do so..
Our Chenille fabrics are zipped on and off futon mattresses easily. Available in five standard UK mattress sizes. Either clean with a vacuum brush attachment or dry clean only.
Love Your Futon
Essentially we feel it makes perfect sense to not just look after your futon but Love Your Futon. When you invest hundreds of pounds in a futon mattress get the best possible use from it. We insert a Care Leaflet with every futon mattress that we make. Therefore please take the time to digest the useful advice on the page. Furthermore as specialist futon mattress makers we want you to benefit from the sound sleep we hope it gives.
A few customers mention how thick the futon mattresses
are when they first arrive in a customer's home. We explain on the leaflet and also when they call that there's air in the layers of filling. As a result the futon has to be in use for a week or so before there's some settlement. This "bedding in" process is completely normal and most of all necessary to have an even surface.
While we want to get rid of the air at the beginning of the futon mattress's life, things move on. We very much hope the futon sits on a surface of slats. This is especially relevant as we want air to circulate around the mattress. If air circulates it will enable a drying out process to occur. We all sweat at night when we sleep and the moisture can reside in the filling and eventually create mould. Drying out the futon will prevent mould from growing. On a hot dry day take your futon outside and let it sit in the sun to get completely dry. An open window can help get the same effect.
After 7-9 years
I hope you will have much use from your wonderful comfy futon mattress. But probably after nearly a decade the time will be approaching when you have to say "goodbye" old friend.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.