Chenille futon covers protect futon, offer colour and smart decor
- Hard wearing, low maintenance and affordable futon covers, wide colour choice.
- Chenille is either yarn or fabric and usually manufactured from Cotton, and that’s why we use it rather than a synthetic fibre.
- The Chenille yarn is made by placing short lengths of yarn, called the “pile”, between two “core yarns” and then it is twisted together. The edges of these piles stand at right angles to the yarn’s core, giving chenille both its softness and it’s characteristic look.
- We have used this popular fabric for about 20 years both for Chenille futon covers and as cushion covers offered in different sizes.Chenille will look different in one direction compared to another, as the fibres catch the light differently.
- Chenille can appear iridescent without actually using iridescent fibres. To keep the fabric at its best, simply vacuum clean gently with a brush attachment
- The manufacturing process for Waffle Chenille is exactly the same as the other chenille fabric, the difference is that the pile has a coordinating warp and weft. This gives the chenille not only a very soft luxurious feel but also has a colour co-ordinated textured appearance. It is hard wearing and a firm favourite with customers
- Choose from the Oatmeal or Truffle Waffle Chenille which have a coordinating Cotton Drill on the reverse side.
- These waffle chenille fabrics can only be dry cleaned.