Chenille futon covers protect your futon mattress, offer colour and smart decor
Chenille fabric is hard wearing, low maintenance and affordable. Futon covers offer a wide colour choice.
- Chenille is either yarn or fabric and usually manufactured from Cotton. That’s why we use it rather than a synthetic fibre.
- The Chenille yarn is made as follows. First of all we place short lengths of yarn, called the “pile”, between two “core yarns”. Then it is twisted together. The edges of these piles stand at right angles to the yarn’s core. This gives chenille both its softness and it’s characteristic look.
- This popular fabric has been in our range for about 20 years. We use it for Chenille futon covers. And furthermore as cushion covers, in different sizes.
Chenille will look different in one direction compared to another. This effect is because the fibres catch the light differently.
Chenille can appear iridescent without actually using iridescent fibres. To keep the fabric at its best, simply vacuum clean gently with a brush attachment
- The manufacturing process for Waffle Chenille is exactly the same as the other chenille fabric, the difference is that the pile has a coordinating warp and weft. This gives the chenille not only a very soft luxurious feel but also has a colour co-ordinated textured appearance. It is hard wearing and a firm favourite with customers
- Choose from the Oatmeal or Truffle Waffle Chenille which have a coordinating Cotton Drill on the reverse side.
- These waffle chenille fabrics can only be dry cleaned.