Cotton Rich 6 layer Futon Mattress
Cotton Rich Regular a 6 layer futon mattress consequently suitable for single and 2 seat double futon frames i.e.Kiwi and others.
- This futon mattress is available in x 5 sizes inc. x 2 single mattress sizes, 76 cm / 2’6″ and 90 cm / 3’0″ right up to Queen size (5′ 0″/153 cm).
- Like all the tri fold mattresses you find on this website, the 6 layer is thick enough to sleep on every day.
Cotton Rich Regular Layers
- The layered fillings are about 2 cm thick. Including x 2 lambs wool, x 3 Cotton Rich felt and x 1 rebound polyester. The filling keeps the mattress light and able to recover its shape and form.
- In addition the image to the left shows the Cotton Rich filling is clean and white. Since it has a distinct Cotton aroma it enhances the natural and chemical free features. While this upgrade filling costs a little more but therefore you’re rewarded with a springier futon mattress.
- Furthermore any mattress you choose will be hand finished and made in the UK.
- CHOICE is central to what we do and the latest textile is UK made and completely chemical free called Cottonsafe®
- In conclusion all mattresses are 190 cm/ 6′ 3″ in length, except for the 5′0″ option which is 200 cm/ 6′ 6″ in length.
Explore the tabs above as part of your quest for BETTER SLEEP.
Your Free Delivery takes 2 or 3 working days, usually. The delivery date is guaranteed but it's possible to request an a.m. (08.30-13.00) or p.m. (13.00-18.30) slot, however the request is at the discretion of our couriers who do what they can to comply with your wishes.
You can specify a date or I'll suggest a date in the order confirmation email and you can amend as necessary.
If you can't be at home on the day of delivery please call 020 7223 7212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
and let me know so it can be re arranged, generally the couriers will come back at least once if not twice to try and deliver your order.
It is also possible to leave deliveries in a garage, with a neighbour or even at the back of a house so long as the request has been made ahead of time and you feel it's safe to do so..
Small Single – 76 x 190 cm / 2’6″ x 6’3″
Single – 90 x 190 cm / 3′ x 6’3
Small Double – 120 x 190 cm / 4′ x 6’3
Double – 140 x 190 cm / 4’6 x 6’3
King – 150 x 200 cm / 5′ x 6’6
The Cotton Rich Regular futon mattress is an upgrade designed for use on our “A” frames such as the Classic and Kiwi and for 2 seat frames such as the 2 seat Cavendish and Akino that are suitable sofa beds for most rooms in the home.
You’ll feel better about your sofa when it has a removable cover. We recommend you look after your futon mattress and protect it from the everyday little spills, crumbs and stains etc. mainly because the natural fillings inside the mattress don’t like getting wet. The quality fabrics on offer will translate to an “easy care” or low maintenance feeling and being zipped around x3 sides makes the covers simple to put on or remove.
Your mattress won’t have to be rolled or beaten but will love to be put in or near sunlight for a few hours once or twice a year. A hot Spring or Summer day, not humid, will allow the filling to dry out and re fresh itself. When your frame and mattress represents such good value, make it a happy futon sofa bed.
The range of fabrics and colours can be seen here.
Love Your Futon
Essentially we feel it makes perfect sense to not just look after your futon but Love Your Futon. When you invest hundreds of pounds in a futon mattress get the best possible use from it. We insert a Care Leaflet with every futon mattress that we make. Therefore please take the time to digest the useful advice on the page. Furthermore as specialist futon mattress makers we want you to benefit from the sound sleep we hope it gives.
A few customers mention how thick the futon mattresses
are when they first arrive in a customer's home. We explain on the leaflet and also when they call that there's air in the layers of filling. As a result the futon has to be in use for a week or so before there's some settlement. This "bedding in" process is completely normal and most of all necessary to have an even surface.
While we want to get rid of the air at the beginning of the futon mattress's life, things move on. We very much hope the futon sits on a surface of slats. This is especially relevant as we want air to circulate around the mattress. If air circulates it will enable a drying out process to occur. We all sweat at night when we sleep and the moisture can reside in the filling and eventually create mould. Drying out the futon will prevent mould from growing. On a hot dry day take your futon outside and let it sit in the sun to get completely dry. An open window can help get the same effect.
After 7-9 years
I hope you will have much use from your wonderful comfy futon mattress. But probably after nearly a decade the time will be approaching when you have to say "goodbye" old friend.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.