Dock Bed is Low Level, x 2 sizes 160 & 180 x 200 cm, Black or Natural finish. Family use, low price
Thinking of an Asian style bedroom or want a comfy low level bed then Dock bed is the perfect solution.
- An authentic Eastern charm is easily achieved when the bed is combined with the side tables. Because these are especially made to go with the Dock low level bed.
- The timber frame of our low level bed is manufactured using FSC® Scandinavian Redwood Pine. The wood is finished with either a Natural Lacquer or Black colour. The stain is water based and non toxic. This fits perfectly with the ideals of Karup Design who are committed to looking after our environment.
- FSC® stands for Forest Stewardship Council and is a hard earned kite mark that relates to sustainable timber. In addition these trees are grown in forests that are managed with the future in mind. Not only is the timber grown to high standards but also the people who work in the forests benefit from the FSC® standards.
Dock Bed with Tatami Mats
- How to turn this low level bed frame so it mirrors the images shown on this page. Also it gives you an opportunity to use your décor skills. To help you choose use the drop down menus above. Here are our two favourite options, either with x2 Tatami mats that will sit in the recessed part of the Dock bed.
- More information on suitable futon mattresses and tatami mats please click on the linked products at the foot of this page.
Dock Bed INFORMATION
- IMPORTANT: The mattress size needed for the Dock bed is 200 cm long. Consequently if you are buying a futon mattress from futonsonline.co.uk it will fit properly. If using a different mattress company please ensure you get a 200 cm length to get the same result.
- The mattress we offer with the Dock Bed is called COMFORT. This mattress is 15 cm thick and consists of cotton with a 4 cm foam core. The cover is either White or Black.
- CHOICE is central to what we do. The latest textile we offer is UK made and completely chemical free called Cottonsafe®
- The Dock Bed is made to accommodate Tatami Mats. If you want Tatami mats please continue shopping when in the basket.
Just click NONE in the drop down menus if you’d like Bed Only
Explore the tabs above as part of your quest for BETTER SLEEP
FREE delivery is the first point to emphasise. If your order can be sent from stock it takes about 2 or 3 working days, usually. BUT if we are out of stock temporarily it will be anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks. We always have stock coming from our suppliers in Denmark.The delivery date is guaranteed but it's possible to request an a.m. (08.30-13.00) or p.m. (13.00-18.30) slot, however the request is at the discretion of our couriers who do what they can to comply with your wishes.You can specify a date or I'll suggest a date in the order confirmation email and you can amend as necessary.It is also possible to leave deliveries in a garage, with a neighbour or even at the back of a house so long as the request has been made ahead of time and you feel it's safe to do so..
The overall dimensions of the Double size are 173 x 213 cm, this gives a recessed area big enough to take x 2 80 cm wide tatami mats. That width will give 10 cm either side of your futon mattress as shown in the images above.
The overall dimensions of the Queen size are 193 x 213 cm this gives a recessed area big enough to take x 2 90 cm wide tatami mats. That width will give 10 cm either side of your Queen size futon mattress similar to the images above.
Boxes when Delivered
Length: 211 cm Width:18 cm Height: 14 cm
Length: 164 cm Width: 21 cm Height: 10 cm
Cu Mt. 0.09 Weight: 33
Mattress Weight 14 kg Cu. mt. 0.21
The Dock low level bed arrives in x2 boxes, one for slats and the other for the bed frame parts. Assembly is helped by clear instructions and takes about 45 minutes..
Assembling your futon frame is very straightforward as there’s only a few pieces. Fact is the finished piece of furniture is a comfy, solid, functional bed with an elevating head section.
My tips to you are: remove the parts from the packaging, then the box etc..should be put out of the way. Give yourself room to operate. Check you have everything the “book of words” says you should have.
Take your time, follow the plan and accept help or ask for more hands when necessary. Finally, no macho tightening bolts into barrel nuts, just “finger tight” when using the supplied allin key. Simples,and if not please call me.020 7223 7212.
5 stars 0
4 stars 0
3 stars 0
2 stars 0
1 star 0
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.