Futomat Cottonsafe® Latex (Medium)
Futomat Cottonsafe® Latex is similar to the other bed mattresses in the Cottonsafe® range. Yet distinct enough to sit in its own sub category.
- All mattresses in the Cottonsafe® category are completely chemical free. Therefore totally safe to use for anyone, toddlers as well.
- Long time associates found a way after years of developing various processes to pass the UK Fire Retardant laws.
- There are many unique factors involved in the construction of these comfy mattresses.
- To make a mattress with quality assured materials is a labour of love. Consequently this is the epitome of a hand finished chemical free mattress. Also what it should look and feel like.
Futomat Cottonsafe® Mattresses are available in x 4 options. Hence each has a slightly different density or feel. This depends on what material is in use at the core of the mattress.
We cater for people who have concerns about the environment. If you look for products that have a low impact on the planet we can help. We provide innovative solutions especially in the area of sleep.
Cottonsafe is a textile that uses ORGANIC COTTON. The next process is to quilt it to a layer of naturally Fire Retardant Lamb’s Wool. To keep the filling in place we use “daisy tufts”, also called felt washers. Furthermore we use natural Flax thread with the felt washers to button the mattress.
- The top and bottom layers use a cotton rich material that is clean and fresh smelling.
- The point of this material is that the cotton has a small amount of pure polyester added to it.
- The result is that it will not tangle, break down or create dust.
- Consequently it keeps its form which results in less compacting.
- Another benefit of the resultant “loft” is that more air will pass through the mattress. This allows the moisture that we all exude when sleeping to evaporate.
Once the Cottonsafe® cover is filled we use a zip on three sides to close the mattress. Then our craftsmen do the buttoning process, mentioned above.
The centre of the mattress has a sheet of Latex.
- It is resistant to mould, mildew and dust mites, and hypoallergenic.
- The Latex part of the mattress is made with tiny air pockets that let the mattress “breathe”. In turn, these enable the latex core to readily recover its shape and form.
We are excited to provide you and your family with a safe, comfy sleep environment at an affordable price. There are x 5 sizes in each of the options.
When you receive your Futomat there could be a faint “whiff” or aroma from the natural cotton and wool materials that are used to fill the mattress. This smell will dissipate in 7-10 days and is nothing to worry about. Another natural occurrence is that the layers of filling are thick and plump when the mattress is made but will settle over time and if turned occasionally will even out. When you sleep in the same position each night a dip in the mattress can occur and this can also be taken care of by turning the mattress now and again.