Pace Bed FSC® timber Various sizes
Pace Bed like all Karup wooden beds offers a modern style with a touch of elegance.
- Another key aspect of this model is the use of FSC® timber. The FSC® logo ensures the forests where the wood came from in the Baltic area is sustainable. Forests are carefully managed to strict ecological, social and economic standards. Therefore everything and everyone is well managed and future supplies ensured.
- There are x 3 sizes, 140 x 200 cm, 160 cm and 180 cm. and x 2 finishes Unfinished and Black.
- Please be aware the Pace Bed is a standard European size i.e. 140 x 200 cm. Consequently the extra length will be considered if you purchase one of our mattresses. But also remember if you buy elsewhere take the 200 cm length into consideration as UK standard length is 190 cm/6’3″.
- The mattress we offer with the Twist Bed is called COMFORT. This mattress is 15 cm thick and consists of cotton with a 4 cm foam core. The 100% Cotton cover is either White or Black.
- Furthermore another option is the finish of the bed frame. Two available colours are Natural or White.
- CHOICE is central to what we do and the latest textile is UK made and completely chemical free called Cottonsafe®
Just click NONE in the drop down menus if you’d like Bed Only
Explore the tabs above as part of your quest for BETTER SLEEP.
Pace Bed Dimensions
140 x 200 cm (H: 28 cm – W: 140 cm – L: 200 cm)
160 x 200 cm (H: 28 cm – W: 160 cm – L: 200 cm)
180 x 200 cm (H: 28 cm – W: 180 cm – L: 200 cm
Delivery Box: H:16 cm – W: 34 cm – L: 209 cm
Mattress Weight 20 kg Cu. mt. 0.21
Total Weight 48 Kg Cu. Mt.0.485
Assembling your futon frame is very straightforward as there’s only a few pieces. Fact is the finished piece of furniture is a comfy, solid, functional bed with an elevating head section.
My tips to you are: remove the parts from the packaging, then the box etc..should be put out of the way. Give yourself room to operate. Check you have everything the “book of words” says you should have.
Take your time, follow the plan and accept help or ask for more hands when necessary. Finally, no macho tightening bolts into barrel nuts, just “finger tight” when using the supplied allin key. Simples,and if not please call me.020 7223 7212.
Love Your Futon
Essentially we feel it makes perfect sense to not just look after your futon but Love Your Futon. When you invest hundreds of pounds in a futon mattress get the best possible use from it. We insert a Care Leaflet with every futon mattress that we make. Therefore please take the time to digest the useful advice on the page. Furthermore as specialist futon mattress makers we want you to benefit from the sound sleep we hope it gives.
A few customers mention how thick the futon mattresses
are when they first arrive in a customer's home. We explain on the leaflet and also when they call that there's air in the layers of filling. As a result the futon has to be in use for a week or so before there's some settlement. This "bedding in" process is completely normal and most of all necessary to have an even surface.
While we want to get rid of the air at the beginning of the futon mattress's life, things move on. We very much hope the futon sits on a surface of slats. This is especially relevant as we want air to circulate around the mattress. If air circulates it will enable a drying out process to occur. We all sweat at night when we sleep and the moisture can reside in the filling and eventually create mould. Drying out the futon will prevent mould from growing. On a hot dry day take your futon outside and let it sit in the sun to get completely dry. An open window can help get the same effect.
After 7-9 years
I hope you will have much use from your wonderful comfy futon mattress. But probably after nearly a decade the time will be approaching when you have to say "goodbye" old friend.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.