Roots Sofa Bed: 90 cm Single
Roots Sofa Bed 90 cm is a futon design that is at the heart of futon furniture history. While Pine wood is durable it is also quite light. Furthermore this timber has an FSC® Kite Mark. The kite mark is held in high esteem within the furniture industry. To gain this merit the forest where the timber grows must be sustainable. Worker rights and conditions, packaging etc.all play a partbefore granting the kite mark. The the organisation granting the mark makes sure there is no abuse of it on the internet.
- The concept of a Chair / Bed constructed with slatted sections caught on early in the futon industry.
- Adding x 2 struts to the back section enabled a reclining position. .
- The simple lines make Roots pleasant to look at whether the frame is finished in Natural, Black or White timber.
- To convert the frame from sofa to bed and vice versa please watch the video. Or grab the front section, pull forward until all sections are flat and then use as a bed.
- Therefore, whether used as a Chair or Single size bed, Roots is sure to make a statement. Whichever way this model is in use your family and friends will be impressed.
- The quality timber with narrow gaps between the slats ensure strength.
- The frame will lie completely flat for maximum comfort when in use as a bed.
- Roots is made in a modern way that is easy to assemble and will stand the test of time.
- On this note Karup Design want you to enjoy using their funky user friendly furniture.
- When the Roots Sofa Bed 90 cm chair bed is in use please remember it has a third position. The position is as a lounger for reading or gaming. Whatever position this versatile frame is in it is easy to convert and comfortable.
Seat Length: 108 cm / 43″ Seat Width: 90 cm / 38″ Seat Height: 84 cm / 33″
Bed length: 200 cm / 78″ Bed width: 90 cm / 38″ Bed Height: 20 cm / 8″
Flat pack dimensions of the Indie futon sofa bed are:
Box 1 Length: 110 cm Width: 24 cm Depth: 16 cm
Box 2 Length: 90 cm Width: 90 cm Depth: 22 cm
Origin: Estonia Weight: 26 Kg Cu.Mt. 0.23
Simple home assembly is required, taking about 50 minutes
Here’s your assembly instructions for Roots_90_AI it’s very straightforward as there’s only a few pieces. Fact is the finished piece of furniture is a comfy, solid, functional sofa bed.
My tips to you are: remove the parts from the packaging, then the box etc..should be put out of the way. Give yourself room to operate. Check you have everything the “book of words” says you should have.
Take your time, follow the plan and accept help or ask for more hands when necessary. Finally, no macho tightening bolts into barrel nuts, just “finger tight” when using the supplied allin key. Simples,and if not please call me.020 7223 7212.
Love Your Futon
Essentially we feel it makes perfect sense to not just look after your futon but Love Your Futon. When you invest hundreds of pounds in a futon mattress get the best possible use from it. We insert a Care Leaflet with every futon mattress that we make. Therefore please take the time to digest the useful advice on the page. Furthermore as specialist futon mattress makers we want you to benefit from the sound sleep we hope it gives.
A few customers mention how thick the futon mattresses
are when they first arrive in a customer's home. We explain on the leaflet and also when they call that there's air in the layers of filling. As a result the futon has to be in use for a week or so before there's some settlement. This "bedding in" process is completely normal and most of all necessary to have an even surface.
While we want to get rid of the air at the beginning of the futon mattress's life, things move on. We very much hope the futon sits on a surface of slats. This is especially relevant as we want air to circulate around the mattress. If air circulates it will enable a drying out process to occur. We all sweat at night when we sleep and the moisture can reside in the filling and eventually create mould. Drying out the futon will prevent mould from growing. On a hot dry day take your futon outside and let it sit in the sun to get completely dry. An open window can help get the same effect.
After 7-9 years
I hope you will have much use from your wonderful comfy futon mattress. But probably after nearly a decade the time will be approaching when you have to say "goodbye" old friend.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.