Slumber Support hip help
Slumber Support is an ergonomically designed pillow to support your hip, knee and back while sleeping on your side.
- Our product is now a recommendation from physiotherapists and consultants at West Suffolk Hospital. Based at Ramsay Rivers Hospital (Sawbridgeworth) and Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
- Most noteworthy is the fact that it’s manufacture is in the UK. Also there’s the registration as a medical device in the UK. (Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC Class 1).
- In addition the design has protection by ACID (Anti Copying in Design).
HIPS: Slumber Support® is used to support your hip from beneath whilst sleeping on your side. In addition it may be used post-operative allowing the patient to lie on their side. Hence significantly reducing the chance of abduction. Before the post operative use of this product you should take professional advice from a qualified physiotherapist or consultant.
KNEES: Slumber Support® will support the knee from below, helping it from medial movement, whilst sleeping on the side.
BACK: Slumber Support® is used to alleviate lower back pain with referred symptoms into the leg. Also by maintaining the lumbar spine in a neutral position it helps prevent the supported leg rolling forward. Finally it stops putting a torsion on the lower spine.
- Slumber Support is a LARGE cushion. Ideally designed to keep patients stable on their side whilst keeping the operated leg parallel to the bed and fully supported (see the picture). The size of the cushion is important as it anchors the patient safely on their side. Furthermore it reduces the chance of adduction whilst sleeping. A smaller cushion would not achieve this.
Post-operative use of this product should be after professional advice from a qualified surgeon or physiotherapist.
Slumber Support Upgrade for post hip op
Slumber Support Deluxe Upgrade
- A Memory Foam layer is added therefore providing extra comfort and support to Slumber Support. The temperature sensitive material conforms to the shape of your leg. Another addition that provides support and further reduces discomfort and cause of pressure points.
Slumber Support Deluxe: Julia pictured above says,
“I regularly see patients with back, knee and hip problems. These patients find it difficult to sleep comfortably on their side. This unique product may be the answer. Especially relevant the cushion allows one to sleep comfortably and safely on the side with ergonomically-shaped support. The Velcro strap prevents the pillow from slipping and keeps it firmly but flexibly in place”.
- A simple but effective solution.
- Julia Squier Grad.Dip.Phys., M.C.S.P., S.R.P. Physiotherapist, Cambridge