Refresh Your Room
Ideas for a room change
Refresh your room and give it a spring revamp.
- This is a great way to lift your spirits and focus on a fresh start for your home.
- In a previous blog we looked at replacing and repurposing furniture that no longer fits the style of a room in your home.
- So upgrade to a contemporary wooden bed frame with a more comfortable mattress.
- Room dividers can use space creatively while hiding unwelcome clutter from view.
- In addition it greatly improves the look and functionality of a room as well as being a fabulous interior décor accessory.
Storage ideas change the look of a room
If you are replacing seating with a futon, there are lots to choose from. Traditional wood frame varieties fit with a cottage style room and blend perfectly with floral or feminine design. Finding a classic style of futon with integral storage makes storage of bedding easy. Furthermore offers the opportunity to discreetly store supplies of hobby materials, DVDs or magazines.
For a more modern look, a metal framed futon in a 2 or 3 seat configurations blend perfectly with a simple, minimalist or masculine décor style. If you want to upgrade a bedroom, the same basic approach applies so have a look at this.
- Decide on the essential pieces of furniture in the room.
- Then use the rest of the room to compliment your furniture and support the focal point.
- A traditional approach to a room is to decorate in a way that stays the same through the year.
- Current lifestyle trends advocate a seasonal approach that reflects the character of the person. This enables alterations to echo the wider world.
- Because curtains, blinds and rugs may need to be permanent features due to cost and storage constraints. The use of a variety of coloured vases, wall pictures, throws or blankets can dramatically alter the feel of a room.
- Even cushions can offer different colour options to give a room a fresh boost.
When considering how to accessorise your room, it is easy to try to replicate outdoors but this can be overwhelming. We bring foliage and warm reds, greens and gold into our home at Christmas, giving it warmth and colour at a bleak time of year, but filling our home with blue, silver and snowflake motifs during cold winter months might be too much! Replica flowers, twig lights and houseplants that move from room to room can ring the changes very effectively with little hassle.
Try using popular fashions to provide discreetly hidden useful accessories. Attractive fleece throws, woven blankets and crochet afghans are wonderful at highlighting your room with a new colour or design element but will also work perfectly as extra bedding for your futon during cold months. You won’t even need store it during the rest of the year.